In this video, Myopia Management Coordinator Summiaya Shine discusses the importance of following the 20/20/20 rule.
The 20-20-20 Rule states: For every 20 minutes spent using a screen, look at least 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
Here are a few eye tips to help parents reduce their child’s digital eye strain:
1. Encourage your child to sit further away from the computer
2. Try your best to remind your child to follow the 20-20-20 rule
3. Set a limit to screen time by using apps, or your authority to restrict excessive hours
4. Use your prescription glasses and adjust display parameters
5. Install free eye care apps on desktop/tablet/phone that your child can use, and ask them to follow the instructions
These simple steps will allow your child to do work comfortably and reduce digital eye strain.